My "beauty" routine is pretty pathetic. It was actually really challenging to come up with 10. I had to dig deep into my makeup bag, but most of these are truly the few products that I've found to be worthy of repeat purchase. Here it goes:
1. CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Mascara - this is my first go-round with this mascara and I really, really like it. It's volumizing, and doesn't smudge or flake.
2. Fruit of the Earth Cocoa Butter Lotion - I've used this stuff FOREVER. It's body lotion, but I use it on my face (is that bad?). I credit it for preventing permanent acne scars. I'm completely loyal to this product. You could tell me it's poison and I'd still use it on my face.
3. Secret Clear Unscented Deodorant - I just don't like a lot of smelly stuff (on me), so when I have the option to go unscented, I'm all about it. That, and it's clear and keeps my underarms drier than any other deodorant I've tried.
4. Dial Antibacterial Body Wash - A little old man at WalMart told me how great this was, so I bought it. It actually makes me feel squeaky clean and not like I just washed myself with body lotion.
5. Mineral Powder Foundation - I'm currently using Physician's Formula, but I haven't been loyal to any brand. I've tried higher-end stuff and don't find there to be a difference from the drugstore brands. I go with what's on sale.
6. Burt's Bees Lip Balm - I love it.
7. Hairspray - There were a couple of years in the not-so-distant past that I didn't use any hair products at all (except shampoo). Those days are gone. I'm currently using Aussie Mega Flexible Hold and probably prefer it over other brands I've tried, but once again, I'm not entirely loyal.
8. Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser Mousse - I was with my sis-in-law when she got a mini-makeover and free gift with purchase that included this item. The makeup lady gave me a free gift (without purchase) just for being there! I only use this when I don't shower at night, so it's lasted me a very, very long time. It's one of the most effective make-up remover/face wash products I've tried.
9. CoverGirl Liquid Foundation - I use as concealer. It's light and water-based. Been using it since I got my first zit.
10. Mary Kay Signature Nail Enamel - I actually don't remember how I ended up with this stuff, but it's incredible. One coat will go a month without chipping.
Belt: Thrifted via ARC's Value Village
Shoes: Jones New York via DSW