Yes. But I'm ok with that. I don't have a professional photographer, fancy equipment, high-tech editing software, or a lot of free time at my disposal like some (not all) of the more "famous" bloggers do. But I wouldn't trade my life, or my blog for anyone else's. All I can do is my best with the time and resources that I have.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
Not really. This isn't a competition. And I'm not about to change or force anything that doesn't already come naturally to me and the essence of this blog. What would that "standard" be, anyway? Look at the really successful bloggers...they're all really different and bring their own tone, style and unique talents to the blogosphere. Standardizing blogs would be...
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
If that's the case, I'm screwed. Ha. I'm sure it helps, but I don't think it's NEEDED for a successful blog, no.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
Timely question. Realizing that I'd hit the 2-year mark, I went back to the beginning to see how far I have come (which is weird, considering I didn't know where I was going). I was surprised to find as much of 'me' in my first posts as I do in my recent ones. For some reason, I thought I was serious and formal at the beginning, but it turns out, not really. I've maintained a similar tone and theme throughout with little drifts here and there, but overall, my 'voice' has just always been what it is...no need to find what's already there.
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
My hope is that it's fun. Fun to look at and fun to read. I'm low-key, low-drama, and generally pretty positive. I'm all about humor/sarcasm and don't think my wardrobe is all that impressive (though the price tags are impressive...uh huh). Like a lot of style bloggers, I try to approach it like this: I'm a normal chick, with a normal income, with an abnormal love of clothes, shoes, and shopping. You want to hang out? Cool. Join me.
What makes my blog unique? Me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh my gosh, you guys, I'm so pumped!
Steve and I have tried to be extra frugal lately. We didn't buy each other gifts this Christmas and have been trying to spend a lot less in general. We cashed in some flight miles and found a great deal on a Princess cruise out of LA. We'll spend a couple of days prior at Disneyland...
We leave February 16th, just before SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) kicks into overdrive. Have you been to any of these ports of call? I'd love to know if there are any must-see/do's there.