Ok, so I'm not wearing this today, but I am wearing red, I promise. I'm just a week ahead.
Let's GO RED for Women and raise awareness about Heart Disease!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This week's FBFF Questions: Blog Content & Participation
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
It's hard to say exactly how I pick and choose what blogging events I want to be involved in. I think it's usually about convenience and whether or not it's something I have a good chance of following through on. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of girl, so if I'm not 100% sure it's something I want/can do, I won't do it at all.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
Not that I recall. There are numerous reasons to participate in a blogging event: to make connections within the community (FBFF), to personally challenge oneself (30x30), to get in on a good idea (Weekly Gratitude), to support a cause (GO RED on Fridays), just for fun (Awkward & Awesome Thursdays) ....I could go on and on. None of these reasons are wrong, just serve different purposes for different bloggers.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
With the Fall 30 for 30, I had to figure out what worked for me while still sticking to the rules of the challenge: 30 items/30 days, no shopping. Some feedback from a couple real-life friends led me to do more than 1 outfit per post (when possible) to prevent the the whole thing from going stale. I had a really difficult time getting decent outfit pictures and I think condensing the posts made the struggles I was having less obvious...maybe?
Ok, so that didn't exactly answer this question. I guess this is me adding my own 'flair'....off-roading FBFF. :)
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criterion do you keep in mind?
I do what I want to do. I do NOT want to do things that will take up all of my time and energy. I DO want to do things that are fun or serve a worthy cause...preferably both.
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
Be positive and supportive! It's hard to put yourself out there and say "Hey! I'm doing this! Join me!" and hope that people do. Whoever is willing to give it a try deserves my encouragement, even if I'm not able to participate.
Jacket: thrifted via Valu Thrift
Tights: Old Navy
Shoes: Shelly's London via Endless.com